Classical music is the art music produce in the traditions of Western liturgical and secular music, encompassing a broad period from roughly the 11th century to present time.
The central norms of this tradition became codified between 1550 and 1900, which is known as the common practice period. The term "classical music" didn't appear until the early 19th century, in an attempt to canonize the period from Johann Sebastian Bach to Bethoveen as a golden age. It is called as "classical music" from the year of 1836.
The characteristic of classical period are :
- If we play songs, we should be able to use our feeling well because the mood in classical music can be change suddenly.
- Classical music has flexible rhythm because it can change to rhythm (ex: pause, andante, allegro) suddenly.
- Classical music is usually a homophonic music
- It included crescendo and diminuendo
The instrument which are used in the classical music are :
- Usually, we can find the instrument of classical music in the orchestra such as piano, harpsichord, organ, keyboards. and other.
-The electric instruments such as electric guitar is used in the classical music of the 20th and 21th centuries
-None of the bass instrument exist until the renaissance
Division of classical music :
- Medieval ( 500 - 1400 )
- Renaissance ( 1400 - 1600 )